Monday, April 15, 2013

Foundation Routine


Foundation Routine Using Cover Girl's Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation
--With Review--


            So today I wanted to talk about my routine every day when I decide to wear make up. The foundation I use in this has been my favorite for almost two months now. My skin is so unpredictable, dry one day and oily the next. This foundation routine has been working for me for a week now and I really love it! I used my knock of Beauty Blender (which I cannot remember the brand, but I did purchase it from TJ MAXX) and tried a different technique and I love it! I will say it is not all about how could or expensive your foundation is for it to work. Its also important to figure out a technique that best suits your skin. I will have a blog post soon with a review on my knock off Beauty Blender (I will try to figure out the brand) and the difference it makes instead of using your hands, like I always have. So I will be showing your in the pictures below how this foundation applies and the coverage. I did do two layers of the foundation and also show you in a picture of my face finished with bronzer, blush, powder, concealer, and brows done. Lastly I show you what my face looks like after eye make up and after 9 hours of wear. So here is my review. 
-I was not sent this product, this is simply my opinion on a product I purchased with my own money-

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation:
I am in the color Ivory, the lightest shade.
This foundation has the lasting power of a primer, coverage of a concealer, and blendability of a foundation in one. It is also shine free! I really am impressed with this Cover Girl foundation and I will continue to use this foundation for a long time! They do say that this foundation is similar to Kat Von D Lock It Foundation which I can agree in some ways. Kat Von D's is very high coverage and Cover Girl's is great coverage for a drugstore foundation but not quiet as good as Kat Von D's. They come in a number of shades. (shown below) Enjoy guys!


The price at Walmart is $9.47 and here are all the shades. Obviously the last one isn't correct, I am sorry I should have switched it! 

Love the pump!

This is clean but these sponges are terrible with being stained

I always apply my foundation on the top of my hand and then dab the sponge in it.

I put it in center areas of my skin and blend with the sponge by patting it onto my face, not smearing it.


This is such an attractive picture but I am patting it all in.


I have the foundation blended and even though this foundation says that it has coverage of a concealer, I still like to cover my small imperfections.

Here is my face completely done.

I used blush, bronzer, concealer, brow wax, and highlight (on my nose, above my lip, and on cheeks)

Finished face look

Now my eyes are done to finish the look!!


9 Hours Later:



As you can see this foundation is a great foundation, it does stay on and looks fabulous! I hope you enjoyed my rambling and review! Have a great night everyone!
-Praying for Boston-


xoxo
-Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment